Leeds Estate Regeneration
Transforming lives through large scale regeneration
Keepmoat are playing a key role in a 20-year £198 million refurbishment and development contract, remodelling and refurbishing 1,245 properties, building 388 new homes, improving the environmental areas and providing an ongoing repairs and maintenance service.
The scope of the project:
Covering the areas of Little London, Beeston Hill and Holbeck, Keepmoat are working in association with the Sustainable Communities for Leeds (sc4L) consortium to manage, develop and refurbish properties across the city. This wide reaching and complex project includes working across mixed tenures to provide multiple services from facilities management to structural works and new developments.
Keepmoat will be responsible for the lifecycle of all the properties covered, as well as all the communal and environmental areas.
What we have achieved:
Work already completed includes:
- The refurbishments of 1,193 homes
- 251 refurbished empty home voids
- 297 new homes built
- Nine site demolitions
- Completion of 21,700 repairs and 1,353 gas services
Key features and outcomes:
- Over 96% customer satisfaction received for our refurbishment work and how we deal with repairs
- Significant reductions in Co2 emissions from 34 average carbon rating per household to 74 after refurbishment
- Carbon free rating of 99
- An average predicted saving of £321.20 in energy bills per household.
The Ingrams, Holbeck. Leeds
The work done has been more than I could have wished for and my home is lovely. Everyone has worked hard and helped in every way. Thank you all
Leeds City Council
Little London, Beeston Hill and Holbeck, Leeds
297 new homes built
Over 2,000 helped
96 skilled positions and 52 apprenticeships
£321.20 projected average saving